25 January, 2006

Roatan!!!

Come one, come All!

Roatan...the most touristy, gringolandia place I have been to in Honduras. Very cheap for most gringos, but since I have been spoiled by the "mainland" I feel like I am being taking for a ride everywhere I go... I am living with Missionaries in Sandy Bay, Roatan, Honduras. It is quite the experience let me tell ya!


Kenfor and Miss Peggy are like my family on the island here. Miss Peggy is the nurse who started and is running the clinic down here. It is an amazing place that is very well staffed and smooth running. By far the most positive medical experience I have had yet.
This is a group of Volunteers to educate the population of Latinos living in the Colonia about Diarrhea and Nutrition. Supposedly this graduation ceremony was nicer than when people graduated from Medical School in Honduras.
This is just a nice picture of Flowers Bay, which is a islander community on the otherside of the island.
Taking Arms off in the clinic. Out on the town with all the gringos in the neighborhood.
Those are the facts – “reality-based” reporting – that caused Tomlinson to tell The
Washington Post that what he saw was “liberal advocacy journalism.” Well, if reporting
what happens to ordinary people because of events beyond their control, and the
indifference of government to their fate, is liberalism, I plead guilty.