05 November, 2005

Picture explanations

THe first picture is of my first candle lighting...I didn´t know what to do..they forced me, held me down and make me obey their local religious laws... or else i thought it was just a fun thing to try and see if I get struck down or something...

The second is of the main church in Tegucigalpa... people come from all over to see this place and pray...

The third picture is of me and my buddy Jesse on the top of Montserrat, Yoscaran, Honduras...It wasn´t a long hick (4 hours up and 3 down), but I was so beat...My entire shirt and hat, underwear and socks were socked with sweat...Never have I sweat so damn much before... Ohh and sorry about the order of the pictures...

The 4th is of Danlí at night...so pretty!!!!

The 5th is a group of doooo-gooders from French Canada that aren´t separating and actually joining people together...The guy makes some impressive wood art and his mom is the one in the front (the live in Valle De Angeles).. The other ladies work to educate street youth all over Latin america...

The 6th is a local PEPE rally in support of the Conservative nominee for president down here... In a very small town - Yoscaran.

The 7th is cool picture of how small and old Yoscaran is..I as impressed...the First city with electricity in Honduras...That is something to brag about.

The 8th is the birthday party of Patty (one of the ladies that takes care of the house we live in) and my two buddies (Jesse and Eimile). All those kids are just some of the Patty´s and her 2 sisters... and all the sisters aren´t even 29years old... CRAZYYYYYYYYYY

The 9th is another picture of the Bash!

THe 10th is above the clouds hiking up to the top of Montserrat...So cool..walking through the clouds...sounds like a movie huh

The 11th.. ME with some great facial hair...ha ha, wait till I am done with this trip...Orthodox Amish Dude here I become

The 12th...The cramped bus ride out to Yoscaran to hike the peak... There were 6 of us youngens and we had to stay in the aisle and the bus had at least 100 people extra on it that wouldn´t be allowed in the states

the 13th.. The main surgery that is performed in our clinic... Removing ingrown toenails...Uñas...

the 14th... The front sign of my clinic

the 15th...a couple of cute danlí kids that allowed me to take their pictures

the 16th is an example of many of the houses in danlí.....there are many that are big and impressive with razor wire or electric wire around it and others that are tin shacks...But all of them are old old old...

I hope this helps...



It is we who nourish the soul of the world, and the world we live in will be either better or worse, depending on whether we become better or worse. And that ´s where the power of love comes in. Because when we love, we always strive to become better then we are.